“India has built satellite & is considered mecca of I.T sector yet our mentality is of 12 Th century ” .
According to me , Religion is a like a rose, which brings peace and harmony to once’s life . Just like rose , religion also has thorn in the form of superstition which needs to be eradicated .
Just like every other Indian , I have been taught that – “God will punish for your every misdeed” and has we build faith in God , superstition also start developing.
The worst effect of superstition is you start relying on other factor for your success or failure rather your own action or capability.
- Black cat crossing our path : This one is the oldest and most common . According to this myth, if a black cat cross your path, a bad omen will be thirst upon you. Even black cat had not thought that it will be a sign of bad omen . The cat must be walking so we must also walk instead of thinking and spoiling our day with negative thoughts.
- Exam & Luck : I was a victim of this superstition few years back . I had a superstition that if i don’t wear a white color shirt during exam, my exam will go bad. Now thinking about it , makes me laugh.I did overcome that superstition by wearing a blue shirt & scoring good marks in exam This made me realized what matters in the exam is whether you have studied or not.
- Nimbu Aur Lal Mirch : A nimbu and lal mirch is hanged in front of every shops to cast away evil spirit and if you stamp upon nimbu-lalmirch , misfortune will occur or worst you will be possed by a demon . On a lighter note thus this demon has a name ? 😉
- Hicupps : If you are having a hicuup then somebody is thinking about you . I am thinking if its actually true then every actor/actress would be busy having hicuups all day?
- Friday the 13th : This superstition has been a fortune for filmmakers. Friday the 13th is an unlucky day as Jesus was crucified on a Friday. Adam was tempted by Eve on a Friday. Wonder if Adam was really lucky or unlucky to be tempted by Eve. It depends on how you look at it.If you have a positive outlook, Friday the 13th can be a lucky day for you.
- Falling Star : If you wish anything infront of falling star your wish will come true . I once wish to be BILL GATES (back then he was the world’s No.1 richest), what happened to my wish?
- Nails In the night : My mom always used to scold me for cutting nails in the night as it attracts evil spirit . How can we be believe all this .
- Twitching of Eye : “Meri aank phadak rahi hain , kuch kharab hoga” . I have come across this statement numerous time . In reality nothing happens , its just our outlook that makes a difference.
- Horoscope for Marriage : In India most of the marriages are done after matching kundli of a guy &a girl . If the kundli matches , the couple will live happily ever after and may be i should ask these astrologer “why divorce rate are rising inspite marriages done after checking kundli”.
Food For Thought: If a astrologer can predict our future then he should be a millionaire by predicting his future.
My Nana always says “Your future lies in your Hand”.
May be its time we should rise above these superstition and start trusting our capability.