You only get one shot at life. Why waste it on sleep? – Graves (From movie , Die another day)
Those who know me are aware about my love for – sleeping but i am trying to get rid of this habit & i’m sure my friend’s would be betting against the ODD 😉 .
Confession : During my engineering unlike my peers , i never stayed awake the whole night before exam – never ever ! Even during the grilling day’s of Training in Infosys the habit still continued .
I can’t function without my proper sleep . i think may be i have brought this habit upon myself by not trying to change – So finally i am taking the big step – trying to overcome hypersomnia .
Change is Inevitable 😉 – who moved my cheese ? (one of my favorite book)
i am famous for my sleep in car (there is a family joke on me regarding the same).
& ya i accept it , i sleep a lot !
To overcome this : i am being experimenting on me .
If it work’s for me , it will surely work on you .
- Gatorade : i love this drink & it’s elixir (i’m not exaggerating ), few slip and i am active for hour’s. They should change their tag line to – No more sleep.
- Cold shower : I know it’s a cliche but its a time tested formula and it work’s (strictly NO for winter’s).
- Beverages : Coffee, Tea doesn’t work for me but it might work for you . Water up to a extent . I tried cold water + roohabsa (Rose water) – it worked . Weird but effective
- Exercise : exercising can help you get rid of yawn’s and will help to improve body too (ek teer do nishane ! )
- Early to bed & Early to Rise : Rise and Shine at 6 am . It’s a very old adage and efficient way but requires discipline .
- Deep Meditation and yoga : Every one who’s about it Needless to say !
- Blogging : my new obsession . Structuring the content of my blog helps to take my mind away from sleep.
- Dance : Just put on the music and let the music take control
- Recalling the reason why you are awake : Must be a work you need to complete or football match to see or study . Just remind yourself the reason why staying awake is important .
- Hiding the pillow : it may sound lame but yes i did that through my room mates help & the exercise to find it help me remove my sleep.
- Balcony : i have a lovely balcony and fresh air does make me feel better.
- Wake up Buddy : Ask a friend to make sure that you stay awake
My Observation :
I get slumber between 11 pm – 1 am and if i am awake after 1 , i can stay away all night .
How to stay awake till 1pm – By doing Small Task – if i look around i have small task to finish – ironing clothes , arranging the wardrobe / bed / flat , putting cloths in washing machine , reading newspaper / comic etc etc . Just look around there is never a dearth of small task.
No T.V – it drains the energy out of me .
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. – Robert Frost
We always have the choice – To sleep or not to sleep ?