I have woken up with a feeling of uncertainty, not sure where my life is heading,
With a feeling that I am wasting my life, many times with a negative aspect towards life.
Working in I.T company for a while can make you accustom to anything –
so after a while, I got use to those negative feelings and accepted it as a part and parcel of my life but…..
When I looked around, I realized that I am not alone, many of my acquaintances were going through same phase.
At that moment, I understood –
There are many things in our life which harm us but we don’t even realize it until and unless it’s too late.
I am listing out few points which are there in my mind –
- Self doubting and underestimating our capabilities
“If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.”
― Vincent van Gogh
- Hanging out with pessimistic people
“You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.”
― Joel Osteen
- Not having goal or purpose in our life
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- No hobbies (don’t play blame games but play games) Remove the dust from your badminton or Table Tennis racket and start playing at least twice a week despite your busy schedule.
“It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith… the saddest people I’ve ever met in life are the ones who don’t care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there’s nothing to make it last.”
― Nicholas Sparks
- Cribbing about everything whether it’s your manager, peers, company, government, incentives and etc etc.
“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
― William Arthur Ward
- Meditation: All it take 10 minutes out of 24 hours life to find happiness and clarity in your life and it’s very easy – all you have to do is breath and observe that breath.
“Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.”
― Thích Nhất Hạnh
- Taking pause and reflecting where our life is heading.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
― Mark Twain
- Never compromise on ethics
“Never, never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
- Never neglect your family and friends.
“What is family? They were the people who claimed you. In good, in bad, in parts or in whole, they were the ones who showed up, who stayed in there, regardless. It wasn’t just about blood relations or shared chromosomes, but something wider, bigger. The trick was to take what each could give you and build your world from it.”
― Sarah Dessen