To overcome my writer’s block, I have started ‘The Rambling Series’. I would start a topic and write my views in a single sitting! (It’s hard to sit still and write without checking my phone)
Few weeks ago, I was having a discussion on my favorite movie?
Yes, it has everything – drama, action, romance, hope and inspiration!
I’ve seen the movie countless times.
Ever since I watched the film for the first time, I’m convinced that there is more to life than getting bored at home.
My favorite is the self-improvement month scene. When he start discovering his true potential and learns new hobbies, pushes his limit and dare to take unthinkable risks. Of course, you can argue that a special drug is responsible for his extraordinary intellect. May be, you’re right.
My point isn’t about the movie but our capabilities.
Wouldn’t it be cool if we can learn to play any instrument, speak any language fluently and push ourselves out of our comfort zone?
May be, that’s why I frequently pick up new hobbies.
I’m a perfect example of “jack of all trades but master of none“.
Honestly, I’m happy being master of none since I live my life on a simple theory: Life is all about unique experiences that leads to a good story to tell.
My life has being a perfect example:
- Few years back (2010), I had trained for almost an year in Muay Thai (Thai Boxing)
- Present irony: Few weeks ago, I went to a cardio kick boxing class, I was exhausted in the middle of the session
- Few years back (2013), I had attended Spanish Beginner’s class (4 months)
- Present irony: I don’t remember anything except “Muy Bien” (very good) since it was instructor’s favorite word
- Few years back, I had participated in Table Tennis competition at the district level
- Present Irony: Hey, I’m still good, just rusty!
My point is that it doesn’t matter if you suck at a new hobby, what matters is to hang in there. Remember, you’ll always have a good story to tell.
As Bradley Coopers says in the Limitless “I was blind, but now I see”
P.S. 1 – It’s funny how I drifted from my favorite movie to unique experiences and blah blah blah!
P.S. 2 – I’m excited about enrolling to Eddie Torres Salsa Class. It’s time to get back to salsa dancing and learn new steps!
P.S. 3 – Do let me know your favorite movie in the comment section?